This is a journal I really wish I would have started a long time ago. I've tried many, many wines, and continue to learn new things about tasting all the time. Wine tasting is more than just a palatable enjoyment. It is really an art for the senses; Sight, Smell, Taste, and even Texture! Wine has become an acquired taste for me, and I am expanding my palate all of the time. I really wish I could remember enough to write description about all the varieties I've tried. Since I can't, I will start here and now. I hope you find your own haven of wine-o'ness. Please feel free to leave comments on the wines that you have also tried. Enjoy, an please drink responsibly.

Lurgashall English Mead

This is a Featured Favorite

It's no wonder why Mead is one of the oldest beverages in the world. It has passed down through thousands of years and I'm sure is just enjoyable today as ever. This particular Mead is very crisp and you can taste a very distinct floral essence behind it's sweet, honey goodness. It is suggested that it may be drank over ice but I really enjoyed it simply chilled. Certainly what I would call a desert wine or a sweet weekend snack. Pair it up with a traditional white cheddar and it's a match made in heaven.

The word "Honeymoon" is derived from the tradition of a newlywed couple drinking a glass of mead every day, for one month to make their marriage, sweet, happy and fruitful.

COST: $10.99 for small 375ml Bottle
ORIGIN: West Sussex, UK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home