This is a journal I really wish I would have started a long time ago. I've tried many, many wines, and continue to learn new things about tasting all the time. Wine tasting is more than just a palatable enjoyment. It is really an art for the senses; Sight, Smell, Taste, and even Texture! Wine has become an acquired taste for me, and I am expanding my palate all of the time. I really wish I could remember enough to write description about all the varieties I've tried. Since I can't, I will start here and now. I hope you find your own haven of wine-o'ness. Please feel free to leave comments on the wines that you have also tried. Enjoy, an please drink responsibly.

Long Neck 2003 Shiraz

Right off I will say that if you are looking for a good cheapie to go with your dinner date at home or a quick pick-up for a hostess, this is a good choice. I find the South African red wines to be a bit dryer than what comes out of Australia, as this one is. Long Neck 2003 Shiraz is crisp and spicy with quite a bit of plummyness to it. It would do good with spicy, peppery foods or as a late- evening treat.
Not as good as Yellowtail Shiraz, but a good choice for the frugal wine drinker.

COST: About $6.00
ORIGIN: Western Cape, South Africa
PEAK: Now-2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home