This is a journal I really wish I would have started a long time ago. I've tried many, many wines, and continue to learn new things about tasting all the time. Wine tasting is more than just a palatable enjoyment. It is really an art for the senses; Sight, Smell, Taste, and even Texture! Wine has become an acquired taste for me, and I am expanding my palate all of the time. I really wish I could remember enough to write description about all the varieties I've tried. Since I can't, I will start here and now. I hope you find your own haven of wine-o'ness. Please feel free to leave comments on the wines that you have also tried. Enjoy, an please drink responsibly.

Shoo Fly 2004 Shiraz

Shoo Fly 2004 Shiraz so far is my least favorite red wine. Although recomended to me by a pro and good ratings, I am still not convinced. The wine is host to a cirusy, peppery flavor with a deep color and blueberry tones, yet somehow lacks any excitment to boast of. The bottle is crowned with the ever-popular "screw-top" rather than traditional cork, which is nice if you it takes you a couple of days to finishoff the bottle, but I personally have issues with screw-tops on any of the "better wines" as they are not given the opportunity to the natural fluctuations that occurr with natural corking. Overall, I do not recoment this wine unless you simply want to prove me wrong.

COST: $13.00
ORIGIN: Healesville, Victoria - Australia
PEAK: Now-2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home