This is a journal I really wish I would have started a long time ago. I've tried many, many wines, and continue to learn new things about tasting all the time. Wine tasting is more than just a palatable enjoyment. It is really an art for the senses; Sight, Smell, Taste, and even Texture! Wine has become an acquired taste for me, and I am expanding my palate all of the time. I really wish I could remember enough to write description about all the varieties I've tried. Since I can't, I will start here and now. I hope you find your own haven of wine-o'ness. Please feel free to leave comments on the wines that you have also tried. Enjoy, an please drink responsibly.

Yellow Tail 2004 Shiraz

Yellow Tail 2004 Shiraz has become our number one every-day wine. We drink it on a very consistent basis. It comes in the large 1.5L bottles, so it lasts for a few days. Almost everyone knows that wine starts to spoil after it has become exposed to air, so you have to drink it fast. You'd think with a large bottle, it would go bad before we'd get to drink it all, but with this Yellow Tail, it's not so much the case. The flavor certainly changes of a couple of days, but I find if you refrigerate it, and pull it out and let it warm to room temp again before drinking it, it still tastes great!
Yellow Tail Shiraz (2004) goes down incredibly smooth from beginning to finish. It has a nice raspberry, oak, and a touch of vanilla and earth (I think of autumn.) It is never too tangy or rich, so it goes with almost any evening meal.

COST: About $13.00 (The Big Bottle)
ORIGIN: Yenda, New South Wales Austrailia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home