This is a journal I really wish I would have started a long time ago. I've tried many, many wines, and continue to learn new things about tasting all the time. Wine tasting is more than just a palatable enjoyment. It is really an art for the senses; Sight, Smell, Taste, and even Texture! Wine has become an acquired taste for me, and I am expanding my palate all of the time. I really wish I could remember enough to write description about all the varieties I've tried. Since I can't, I will start here and now. I hope you find your own haven of wine-o'ness. Please feel free to leave comments on the wines that you have also tried. Enjoy, an please drink responsibly.

Miguel Torres 2001 Cab-Sa.

Miguel Torres Manso De Velasco 2001Cabernet Sauvignon
This is a Featured Favorite
Definately worth the money, and should be shared! This Cabernet Suvinon from a single vinyard in Chile has a very blackish burgundy color that is full bodied with solid tanis. Silky black currant, grape jam and a touch of choclolate make up the palate of this delicious wine that goes great with roasted red meats and wild game. Itis aging in 1/2 new french oak casks gives it a yummy, oaky richness as well. We were fortunate enought to enjoy a bottle with dinner at Fogo de Chão where we could taste it with just about every cut of meat you could ask for. Bottled in 2003, so at 2 years it was very good, but needed some decanting. It's prime is about 8-10 years cellaring, as recomented by Miguel Torres. Looking for a case of it to cellar until 2011! I was suprized by the weight of the bottle; I would consider it heavier and thincker than normal. A very neat purple label as well helps wrap it up for a perfect gift.

COST: $57.00
ORIGIN: Curicó, Chile

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home